We Are Recruiting!
2nd October 2023
Due to business expansion, Northpoint is seeking ambitious earth-science specialists to fill two new engineering positions.
Northpoint is a rapidly expanding engineering consultancy, operating in a variety of sectors, including renewable energy, rail, highways & bridges as well as residential.
This is the perfect opportunity for either a Geotechnical / Geoenvironmental Engineer wishing to expand their on-site experience, and gain the next level of experience in consultancy, or a Graduate wishing to kickstart their career in a supportive and innovative environment.
Whist a graduate degree in either geology, earth sciences or engineering is required, Masters level qualifications are desirable but not essential. Engineer level candidates are expected to have industry experience within Site Investigation or the wider geosciences, and actively working towards chartership.
The successful candidate will gain experience/manage all stages of the project cycle, including project management (site-based and office-based), geotechnical and geoenvironmental design and report writing.
Your typical week may include:
- the planning and execution of geotechnical and geoenvironmental desk studies, ground investigations and remedial works;
- the project management of ground investigation projects as subcontractor and principal contractor;
- a variety of site inspections, sample management, field monitoring activities and associated reporting;
- assist with project planning, programming, cost control and administration;
- the analysis of geotechnical and geoenvironmental data and the preparation of interpretative and design reports; and,
- to contribute to or manage concept geotechnical and geoenvironmental designs.
Our core values include a commitment to professional development and training – for more information, click here. Northpoint will support and mentor candidates through chartership with either the Geological Society of London or the Institute of Civil Engineers.
You will be exposed to a variety of projects throughout the UK, therefore, a full UK driving licence is required.
The positions are based in the North East at our head office in Sunderland.
How to Apply?
Please send a CV and brief covering letter to email@example.com