27th August 2023
Ground Investigation Glasgow. We are delighted to announce the opening of our new office. Northpoint are now located in the heart of Glasgow City Centre.
We are expanding
Northpoint, an innovative geotechnical and geoenvironmental consultancy in the North East of England and West Midlands has opened its third office – George Square in Glasgow, serving Clydeside, Central Scotland, Edinburgh and wider Lowlands area.
Northpoint consider it essential to invest in a permanent Scottish office. Consequently, being present in the region allows resources and our engineering teams to mobilise across the region to help meet client requirements.
The former industrial and brownfield land through Glasgow’s inner city is beckoning for modernisation and innovative development. Northpoint has extensive experience in contaminated land throughout large areas of the North East and Tees Valley. This therefore lends itself to the industrial heartland of Scotland – Glasgow. Northpoint specialises in providing ground investigation services for contaminated land and brownfield sites throughout the UK.
Our Glasgow office has excellent transport links outside of the city region. This includes along the M74, M77, M8 and M80 to serve the central belt area, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Motherwell, Livingstone, Kilmarnock and beyond.
The location of our new office makes it a perfect hub for Northpoint to provide Site Investigation services. The location of our Glasgow office will bolster our presence in the area by providing Ground Investigation. Consequently, it also increase our accessibility to existing and new clients across Scotland.
Additionally, Northpoint has chosen the Glasgow and the Central Belt region as a response to the thriving development market and the continued growth in the wider area. Above all, Northpoint’s new regional office is perfectly positioned to contribute to the economic success of the region and the rest of the UK.
Whats Happening in Glasgow?
In short, there is major development and opportunities for business growth. As Britain’s fifth largest city, exciting times lie ahead for the region!
- Glasgow University was voted Scottish University of the Year in 2022. We are proud to say that Northpoint have already captured talent from the university directly. Liam in our engineering team graduated from Glasgow University in 2022 with an honours degree in geology. Liam has worked throughout the area as part of his wider studies!
- Glasgow City Council has recently approved a £535 million housing investment until 2028. therefore with vast opportunities within construction related activities.
- Glasgow and neighbouring Edinburgh are both forecast to be among the fastest growing economic regions in the UK. With the UK economy said to recover by summer 2023, Glasgow is already ahead of the competition.
- In 2022, Glasgow attracted over £100 million private investment into its expanding technology sector.
- Glasgow and the wider Central Scotland region into Edinburgh and beyond has a rich historic industrial past with a legacy of land contamination and brownfield sites. Northpoint specialise in geotechnical and geoenvironmental investigations on such development sites.
- Glasgow is well and truly on the global stage, such as hosting the recent Commonwealth Games, COP26 and European Championships.
- Glasgow is said to continue to benefit from the UK governments £2.08 Billion Levelling up Fund. This includes the £56 Million Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District Scotland fund.