Autumn 2020 Update
30th October 2020
Time flies when you’re having fun! As we role past summer and edge into winter, we reflect on a busy few months. It’s all been Geotechnical Engineering North East and beyond!
Brief Project Updates
- Residential: Supporting a number of new developments across Sheffield, West Midlands and the North East.
- Highways: Northpoint appointed for professional attendance to oversee complex ground investigation works for a multi-million pound relief road in the North East.
- Infrastructure: Undertaking intrusive site investigations and providing technical advice for the design of a new bridge crossing in West Yorkshire.
- Remediation: Preparing several clean-up strategies for ongoing projects. Including Option Appraisals, clean-cover and ground gas verification strategies.
- Collaborating with consulting engineers, architects, planners and local authorities for projects on the South Coast through to the North East of Scotland.
Ongoing CPD & Accreditations
We have successfully renewed our RISQS qualification. This allows Northpoint to continue to provide expert geotechnical consultancy and ground investigation services on railway land.
We have maintained our Contructionline Gold standard. Updates include the implementation of our COVID-19 Safety Policy. This extends to both office and site operations.
Our engineering teams have renewed Professionally Qualified Person’s status through CSCS.
Approved Suppliers List
Just a reminder to the local supply chain in the regions, please get in touch with Northpoint. We are particularly interested in hearing from, but not limited to, land drilling, land surveying and utility clearance, UXO survey, chemical and geotechnical testing laboratories. To collaborate with Northpoint, drop us a call or simply email interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and enrol onto our Approved Supplier’s process.
In the Months Ahead
If 2020 hasn’t been strange enough, we move into months of uncharted waters with the close of the Brexit transition period and a second wave of COVID-19. As an organisation, we remain optimistic and can see at first hand that our industry shows little sign of slowing down. We are already involved with a number of projects which will progress well into the new year.
On a final note, we wish all of our clients and contacts well in the months ahead, and hope that you all remain safe.